Be sure to bring comfortable clothing, enough for one or two weeks. Health and wellness are important during recovery so we will incorporate hiking and other activities into the day.
- Tennis shoes, running shoes
- Cold weather jacket due to season, gloves, scarf, head cover
- Personal Bible, 12 Step related material
- Pillows and towels, bed linen are furnished but many bring own pillow and comforter
- Towels, wash cloths provided, but many bring own personal
- Hats are allowed, but none with any beer, liquor logos
- No shirts or clothing with sexual, violent or racial overtones
- Envelops and stamps for any outgoing mail or letters.
- Money for snacks, drinks, cigarettes *(if smoker). We stop at convenience store in morning for such purchases
- Personal hygiene items, razor, toothbrush/paste, shampoo, rinse, soap, deodorant
**If taking medications for a diagnosed medical condition, please bring a one month’s supply with you. The condition must be made known to us prior to your admission and the medications must have prior approval from our staff prior to admission.**
What NOT to bring:
- Cell Phones
- DVD Players, electronic game devices
- Valuable Jewelry
- Reading material other than religious or 12 step recovery oriented
- Knives, weapons of any type
- Alcohol containing mouthwash
- Any addictive property medications such as any for sleep, pain, anxiety, muscle relaxants
- No sleep-promoting over-the-counter meds such as Tylenol PM.
- No over the counter medications or items containing ephedrine or Benadryl
- No medications not prior approved by management of Serenity Centers