JourneyPure Serenity Network practices evidence-based, dual diagnosis treatment to address addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. This means that our approach to treatment is based on scientific evidence. We utilize a medical model of addiction treatment that incorporates the evidence-based treatments of the Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment and a Trauma-Informed approach.
What Is the Medical Model of Addiction?
The medical model of addiction, or “disease model” of addiction, is a modern interpretation of the addiction cycle. It recognizes biological, psychological, or sociological issues are usually underlying reasons for addiction.
All of the therapies utilized in our group and individual sessions, (Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Twelve-Step Facilitation, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, EMDR, among others), have strong research supporting their use with individuals with addiction.
How to Know if Help Is Needed
Not sure if addiction treatment is necessary? Ask the following questions:
- Is drinking or drug use damaging relationships or negatively affecting performance at work or school?
- Is lying or evasive behavior becoming a way of life?
- Is sobriety physically or emotionally uncomfortable?
- Is drinking or doing drugs replacing other favorite activities?
- Is drinking or doing drugs interfering with responsibilities?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, JourneyPure Serenity Network is here to help. Call our admissions team to discuss treatment options.