According to the Tennessee Department of Health, Tennessee has seen a nearly ten-fold rise in the incidence of babies born with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS), a condition where newborns experience withdrawal symptoms due to the mother’s drug use during pregnancy. The highest rate of NAS births is seen in East Tennessee.
Serenity Women’s Center, opened in November 2017 to address this growing need for the treatment of high risk pregnancies as well as to provide specialized treatment for women who have experienced trauma. The Center is a 16-bed facility located on five quiet acres providing g a safe, secure place for women to begin the healing process. Our staff is highly-trained in trauma-informed care and to the unique needs of women.
Additional Women’s Center Features:
- Semi-private rooms
- 24/7 Nursing care
- Nutrition education highlighting women’s health
- Dual Diagnosis
- 12 Step based
- EMDR/EFT for PTSD
- Grief therapy
- Experiential/Alternative therapies
- Tia Chi- Yoga- Chi Gong- and other mindful/ meditative approaches
- Step down care for every patient
- Recovery coaching and monitoring
- Alumni events and services